Nope, not even then, or Ubiquiti would own ubiquiti.com.

From: Simon Westlake
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2016 9:26 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] mimosa webside down?

I am pretty sure I can't afford a short, dictionary word .com domain right
now.. maybe one day when I can afford to buy a basketball team..

On 7/22/2016 9:22 AM, Darin Steffl wrote:

  Sounds like you need to buy the ".com" domain Jaime and Simon :)

  Not sure who owns it or how much they want but both of those .com domains are
not active websites.