The issue my customers are occasionally having is simply that the ePMP
refuses to acknowledge there's even a valid sync pulse on the PoE.  This
has been an occasional, lingering issue - but definitely an issue which
doesn't occur with regularity.

Recently a customer who was having this problem with a site decided to
re-crimp the SyncInjector ends of their shielded tower cables with
non-shielded ends.  Amazingly, the entire problem went away. I find this
odd - although it wouldn't be the first time that shielding played havoc
(or improved) sync. So I'm trying to recreate the whole setup as closely as
possible so I can do some investigation.