For redemption purposes, I value chase and starwood points at 2 cents per
point, although I regularly use points for more than that amount.  That
means that for the chase ink I'm getting at least 2%, usually a bit more.
Except for the higher-cash back amount categories.

If you want cash, then you need to use a 1 cent per point for your
calculation.  So everyday spend on the chase business card would be 1%, and
others would correspond to the higher point value.   If you're willing to
book your travel through their portal (which has at least as good of
pricing as everywhere else), then you can use 1.25 cents per point if you
have a sapphire preferred, otherwise still the same 1 cent per point.

I'm guessing you're using the capital one cash back card since it's 2%...
 The potential challenge with cash back cards for the business is that the
official IRS stance is that the cash back needs to be treated as a
reduction in the purchase price of whatever it is you're buying, or if it
ends up in your pocket it needs to be treated as income.

Miles and points, they don't currently care about, unless you take cash
back.

My strategy is that the business always earns points.  I want the benefits
in my pocket directly, and I don't want to argue with the IRS about not
accounting for the cash back.   Which means I end up earning points.

The personal side, I have a 2% cash back card that I was using for
everything other than travel and the 5% category.  Right up until chase
released the 1.5 points per dollar card, which I can use for 3%+ of
redemptions.

I agree that maximizing these rewards is a bit of a pain.   So is packing
around a thick wallet.   It isn't as bad as you'd think though once you get
used to it.  Especially once you become aware of some of the tools.  See
http://awardmapper.com/ as an example.