Ah, re-reading, you meant regular traffic control, not air traffic control
(which is what the thread was about).

Most of the same applies. Most lights are independent from the rest of the
system. There's no ability for the system to adjust timing based on system
demand. Those systems exist, but they're not deployed (or properly configured
if they are) most places.

Most traffic lights default to flashing red after a power outage. This is
singly one of the most retarded things they could do. When the power comes back
on, just do what you were already doing.

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP