No, but tell me more... please!

-----Original Message----- From: Sterling Jacobson
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:21 AM
To: 'af@afmug.com'
Subject: [AFMUG] Special Assessment

Has anyone here ever done a special assessment funded project?

I have a couple of examples in Utah/Idaho, but am looking for specific examples and advice from my provider friends here.

I'm not sure if it's called something else in other states so this is what I have been told:

You talk to a land developer, get them to partner up with your company and the city. They allow a tax or assessment item to be attached to the developed lot/unit for around 20 years.
Sometime like $150 a year, so $3000 total over the period.
The city council agrees and creates a bond type item for that and your company gets a check for the total amount times number of properties. Then you work with the developer to install all of the necessary stuff for internet, which is fiber in my case.

And the new property owner has your service available from the get go, maybe with free install, and a $150 a year discount on the service for 20 years.

Anyone done anything like this?