A lot of times we want to login to side “B” when the link between A and B is
down…but we can’t unless each side is advertised as a /30..but I want the two
radio’s to see each other when they’re up.

So what I’ve done most recently is:
.1 = Router A (configured as /30)
.2 = Radio A (configured as /29, GW set to .1)
.5 = Radio B (configured as /29 GW set to .6)
.6 = Router B (configured as /30)

Then I just run OSPF on a separate /30 across that path on a separate VLAN.
The above is just for MGMT of the radios.