From: "Chuck McCown" <ch...@wbmfg.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: 8/19/2016 10:06:21 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 48v and -48v

Curious, what types of things use +48?

-----Original Message----- From: Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr.
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2016 7:19 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] 48v and -48v

I have a site that I am converting to DC from AC. All of the gear powers at traditional 48v with a negative ground. I have a PTP800 though that I am told is -48v (ground tied to positive). How do I get -48v for the PTP800?

The site has a NewMar DIN-UPS 48-10. It states that the outputs are
isolated (it has 2) but I do not think they are isolated from each
other, just from ground. To tell you the truth I am lost. I was thinking
maybe a DC to DC converter of some sort.

Thank you,

Gilbert