I am mainly interested in step tracking and then somewhat curious about the 
ones that show you how well you sleep.  
I have not worn a watch since college.  

From: Tim Reichhart 
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 10:39 AM
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Fit Bit

Only issue is that fitbit like the blaze does allow you see who text you and 
calls you but if you got android it doesnt display text message it only (shows 
new message) but if you have iphone it shows the whole text. My mom have this 
fit blaze with android it dont show text just shows new message now my wife got 
the fit blaze with iphone it shows the text.

Tim




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  -----Original Message-----
  From: "Sterling Jacobson" <[email protected]>
  To: [email protected]
  Date: 08/29/16 12:30 PM
  Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Fit Bit


    
  My wife just bought a sort of more cool looking wrist band from Fossil I 
think, that tracks stuff.



  I think it was less $$ and probably has a manly version.



  From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Simon Westlake
  Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 10:26 AM
  To: [email protected]
  Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Fit Bit



  One thing to note is that if all you really care about is step tracking, you 
don't even need the app, unless you buy the cheapest FitBit that doesn't have a 
screen. Most of them have a screen that shows you your step count. You really 
only need the app if you want to do any kind of stuff with the data (like 
calculate calorie burn, sync to another app, share with your friends, etc.)

  On 8/29/2016 11:24 AM, Simon Westlake wrote:

    I believe so, but I haven't tried it. You'd need the app to do anything 
with it though, although it looks like there is one in the Windows app store at 
least.

    On 8/29/2016 11:22 AM, [email protected] wrote:

      Can it work with the BT on a laptop?

      �

      From:Simon Westlake

      Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 10:21 AM

      To:[email protected]

      Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Fit Bit

       
       
      �

       
      Nah, it works with Android (I have one.) Sends data to the phone via 
Bluetooth, phone uploads it to the Fitbit website if you want to sync it to 
other stuff (e.g. I sync mine to MyFitnessPal.)

      They just charge via USB, little proprietary cable that connects to the 
back.

      On 8/29/2016 11:20 AM, [email protected] wrote:

        Thinking of getting a fitness tracker.� Getting too fat this summer.

        Does the fit bit only work with an iPhone?� How do you charge them 
and get the data out?

        I am still running my iPhone 4 and bound and determined to use it until 
it no longer works.�

         




  -- 
  Simon Westlake
  Skype: Simon_Sonar
  Email: 
[email protected]
  Phone: (702) 447-1247
  ---------------------------
  Sonar Software Inc
  The next generation of ISP billing and OSS
   https://sonar.software
 
       




  -- 
  Simon Westlake
  Skype: Simon_Sonar
  Email: 
[email protected]
  Phone: (702) 447-1247
  ---------------------------
  Sonar Software Inc
  The next generation of ISP billing and OSS
   https://sonar.software




  -- 
  Simon Westlake
  Skype: Simon_Sonar
  Email: 
[email protected]
  Phone: (702) 447-1247
  ---------------------------
  Sonar Software Inc
  The next generation of ISP billing and OSS
   https://sonar.software
 
 

Reply via email to