I submitted the feature request below to Telrad's online ticketing system earlier today, and they replied that they'll pass the request to engineering. If you use either the Apex Lynx or Apex Orion and if you agree with what I'm saying below then please add your voice to mine and ask for this feature.

""
Feature Request: I think each interface on the Apex Lynx should have a local management IP address. One on the SFP port, one on the CAT5 port, and one on the RF interface. As an example, many units from Cambium have an address of 169.254.1.1 which is always accessible when directly attached to the ethernet port.

I think right now if I was to configure a unit for OOB management via GE1, then if GE1 was damaged I would permanently lose access to the device. If I configure for in band management via fiber, then I could (due to misconfiguration or malfunction) lose access to the device and require a climber to go up and press the reset button to restore access. Feel free to correct me if I have a misconception here, otherwise please consider adding permanent local IP's.
""