You forgot to mention the EXTREME turbo lag... "when you step on it, and wait 2-3 seconds, this thing will spin the tires". :)

Travis

On 9/7/2016 5:40 PM, Bill Prince wrote:

The engine is smaller. The "big" ecoboost is 3.5L, ~~ 365 HP, and 430 ft-lbs of torque. A very flat torque curve. 90+ % of the torque is available at about 1800 RPM, so it is a stump puller.

Driveability takes a little getting used to. When you would normally "step" on it, and expect to pull away quickly, this thing will spin the tires and take off like a scalded rabbit. So you learn to modulate your throttle foot a bit differently.

The 3.5L ecoboost is actually a quicker ride than the 5L V8. The V8 has about 10 or 15 more horsepower, but less torque, and not anywhere near the ecoboost flatness. I don't think the V8 hits max torque until the RPM are well over 3500 RPM or so.

We get about 2-3 MPG better gas mileage with the 3.5L F-150 than we did on a 4L Tacoma. Bigger truck, smaller engine, more horsepower, less fuel. Go figure.

The one big difference is if you tow a lot. Mileage drops off about 30% when you're pulling a 6,000 lb trailer.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 9/7/2016 4:09 PM, Adam Moffett wrote:
I thought Ford "Ecoboost" meant you got a smaller engine but with turbochargers. My impression was same power, less gas. Sounds like you're saying there's more power there too.
------ Original Message ------
From: "Bill Prince" <part15...@gmail.com <mailto:part15...@gmail.com>>
To: af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
Sent: 9/7/2016 5:51:08 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Six Seater Truck

We love our F-150. The back seat of the supercrew is the size of a gymnasium. Alternatively, there's room for a dog sled team in the back seat. Get it with the front bench seat, and it seats 6 very comfortably. Get it with the ecoboost engine, and you'll be shutting down Mustangs at the track.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>