hed be best served to install ac2 on a vm, takes like 15-20 minutes
scan every possible ip, set every device to gateway in ac2, and mass update
the whole network to a current "patched" formware

...but its ubnt, and that is pretty much a synonym for caveat

depending on where hes at in the current firmware, the whole fcc id change
takes place, some units brick out, normal ubnt networks nonsense, but at
least then he will have a visual on the spiders nest