You might be forgetting that there's Cisco and there's "Cisco" which
used to be Linksys. Last I knew I think they were calling that stuff
"Cisco Small Business."
------ Original Message ------
From: "Ken Hohhof" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: 9/7/2016 10:10:48 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ubnt password hack with public IP radios
Rebooting Cisco switches that lock up? Not trying to shill for Cisco,
but that doesn’t sound right. I don’t think in 20 years I’ve ever had
to do that, and I’ve had 2950 and 2960 switches in my network for a
long time, plus a few 3550’s. In fact, I can’t think of having to
reboot any brand of switch. I’ve had a couple up and die, usually
power supply, but not lock up and require a reboot.
Are these fancy L3 switches, or just managed L2 switches?
From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jaime Solorza
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 8:27 PM
To: Animal Farm <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ubnt password hack with public IP radios
I have told this WISP owner that he bought a business with lots of
issues. Lots of over complicated VPNs and public IPs on devices that
don't need it. It was designed by a Cisco trained consultant who had
total control over it for many years... Troubleshooting is a mess
because of all the damn rules... Lots of time is spent on rebooting
Cisco switches that lock up... They finally hired a Cisco savvy guy and
fired the consultant.... He is learning the Ubnt and Cambium systems...
I sent him the link Josh provided and got to work... Once he has grip
on it, I am sure he will eliminate public IPs on most of the radios.
On Sep 7, 2016 7:08 PM, "That One Guy /sarcasm"
<[email protected]> wrote:
actually at the time of the last fiasco, the current firmware had been
vulnerable
but how anybody is still getting hit by this is amazing to me
On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 7:56 PM, Mathew Howard <[email protected]>
wrote:
They weren't necessarily backhauls... but a few firewall rules at the
edge of the network and/or not running ancient firmware would have
prevented it...
On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 6:57 PM, Chris Wright <[email protected]>
wrote:
This sums up the kind of person who programs a public IP into their
backhauls.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8d8vusNcL1qa9jn1o2_500.gif
Chris Wright
Network Administrator
Velociter Wireless
209-838-1221 x115
-----Original Message-----
From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Josh Reynolds
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 4:47 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ubnt password hack with public IP radios
Yep, it was widely talked about on the forum, the Brothers WISP
podcast, and through direct emails from UBNT to customers who have
basically ever sent them a working email address for anything....
amongst other places.
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-Updates-Blog/Important-Security-Notice-and-airOS-5-6-5-Release/ba-p/1565949
On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Jaime Solorza
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Seems like a local WISP got radios hacked and passwords changed.
Someone
> told him there is a virus that sniffs Ubnt radios with public IPs
and
> changes password to Moth3rfuck3r or something like that.
Supposedly a
> telnet script can remedy this matter.... Anyone know about this?
Tak
--
If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your
team as part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team.