Yes, but if you don't have the GPS hardware, you wouldn't have a 10 SM
limit to begin with ;-)

definitely a good idea to always stock at least one key - I've had APs hit
10 SMs without realizing it a couple of times and a confused installer
calling me to find out why the SM he just installed won't connect... it's
not exactly ideal to have to wait a day in that situation.