I am guessing some kind of ESD protection component shorted (if you are lucky). Removing the part would fix the problem. But if it is a logic input fried, that chip will have to be replace. Paul is your guy for this kind of stuff.

-----Original Message----- From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2016 10:50 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] FSK AP thinks default plug is in

I haven't had that happen on an AP, but I've had it happen on SMs.  Probably
the problem occurred awhile ago and only got revealed when the AP rebooted.
I opened one of the SMs up thinking there was crud across the pins on the
jack, but no, and no amount of cleaning with alcohol would fix it.  I also
seem to remember Paul from PDMNet confirming it's not as simple as something
shorting the pins on the jack.  So it's repairable, but probably some
component needs to be replaced.