+1 for the concept.
We use Banana Pi's running Debian for smokeping remotes and iperf. They
have gig ports and have enough CPU to take advantage of them. We started
with rPi's but their Ethernet couldn't keep up.
Costs under $100 for a board, box, and sd card.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 8:53 AM, Christopher Tyler <ch...@totalhighspeed.net