Screw batteries.  Get a propane generator and a tank if you are serious about
backup power.
Or use a NG generator unless you are worried about the NG supply during an
emergency.

From: Kurt Fankhauser
Sent: Saturday, October 1, 2016 11:57 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Solar costs dropping

I've been seriously looking at solar for off grid, biggest problem was the
batteries but then I found these salt water batteries that seem to be the
solution to all the problems associated with battery systems, they have a 24v
version for a 2.2Kwh cell that I was going to wire up to an APC-XL ups and see
what happened....

https://www.altestore.com/store/deep-cycle-batteries/saltwater-batteries/aquion-energy-saltwater-batteries-p40483/?gclid=CjwKEAjwvb2_BRCb_s7Yo7_ZlHASJABz6L0jfIx1iUFerslueuwJHCmFBqRfykUmLVgmbE3Ho39nZRoCgpXw_wcB#AQU24S-83