We hooked up Internet to a new GSI tower dryer at a grain elevator, and
assuming this is the correct manual, it wants ports 22, 23, and 80 forwarded
to it.

http://www.grainsystems.com/content/dam/Brands/GSI/Manuals/English/Condition
ing/pneg1720-062114-OS.pdf

Without additional firewall rules, does this sound risky?  They have a
cellphone app, which apparently goes directly to the dryer, not through some
intermediary like a Team Viewer server.  So I don't see what firewall rules
we could put in.  Doesn't this let every hacker, script kiddie, and bot
herder in the world try to break into it via SSH, telnet and HTTP?  Do these
guys move on if the default password has been changed?  I would think they
would run dictionary attacks against it.