We had a customer with a smart TV.. (Samsung) that was having tons of problems with Netflix... Had them put in a USB ( chromecast?) dongle to access it, problem gone... A lot of smart TV's aren't...

On 10/07/2016 10:05 AM, Ken Hohhof wrote:
Can you torch the traffic to the 2 different IPs and see if anything is
different?  Same number of TCP connections and coming from the same
place?  Is there something different in your rDNS that could be
confusing Netflix to think they should send from a server halfway around
the world or something?

It is also rare for Netflix to rebuffer these days, since they are
pretty good about switching stream rates on the fly.  Well, depending on
the streaming device.  I hate these “smart” TVs, who knows if the app
has been updated.  Also home WiFi can be an issue.  I’ve had customers
complain about Netflix rebuffering on their WiFi connected smart TV or
even not even being able to load the app, yet I plug my laptop into
their router and stream Netflix flawlessly.  Then they start with “it
doesn’t happen all the time”, in other words it’s only working because
you’re here.

*From:* Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Mike Hammett
*Sent:* Friday, October 7, 2016 11:44 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Fast.com (Netflix) tests significantly slower
than EVERYTHING ELSE

That means your path to Netflix sucks. Join an IX.

Wait, so just their IP is bad? Another IP is good?  Weird...

Intelligent Computing Solutions <http://www.ics-il.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL><https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb><https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions><https://twitter.com/ICSIL>
Midwest Internet Exchange <http://www.midwest-ix.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/mdwestix><https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-internet-exchange><https://twitter.com/mdwestix>