If I were a shady engineer at netflix who got oders from the top that they
wanted to lower the overall cost of support, I would write a script that
randomly throttles x percentage of speedtest clients, to offload the
support request back onto the ISPs, knowing that netflix is now a life
saving utility to be protected by god, ultimately providers will purchase
more bandwidth or better pipes closer to netflix handoffs, lowering the
corporate overall delivery costs. but then again, im kind of a dick