From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of That One Guy /sarcasm
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2016 10:26 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Fast.com (Netflix) tests significantly slower than
EVERYTHING ELSE

If I were a shady engineer at netflix who got oders from the top that they
wanted to lower the overall cost of support, I would write a script that
randomly throttles x percentage of speedtest clients, to offload the support
request back onto the ISPs, knowing that netflix is now a life saving utility
to be protected by god, ultimately providers will purchase more bandwidth or
better pipes closer to netflix handoffs, lowering the corporate overall
delivery costs. but then again, im kind of a dick

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Paul Stewart
Or more importantly what DNS you are using vs your customers … that doesn’t
matter so much with streaming but might (not sure) with
fast.com<http://fast.com> speedtest … I’ll have to look into that

On Oct 7, 2016, at 1:01 PM, Robert Andrews