From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of George Skorup
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2016 2:18 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] afmug.com DNS

Looks like Paul got his network back online. Lets all hope he has a speedy
recovery.

But anyway, I don't know exactly when his network/name servers went offline,
but when I started this thread last night, I was already getting NXDOMAIN. And
as Eric pointed out, your NS record wasn't added to the zone, so that explains
why. Your name server was definitely answering... with Paul's three NS records,
which were all offline, thus brokedid.

I wouldn't have a problem being a secondary for the zone either. My ns1, ns2
and ns3 machines share an anycast address. Which would be a little tricky to
set up. The anycast address would be the NS record, but the zone config on the
master would need also-notify statements. I know Paul isn't running BIND, so
not sure if that would work.

But I can't imagine afmug.com being a large zone. We're a Tucows/OpenSRS
reseller too. And I have many domains using their DNS. And it's the right
price... free. That might be the easier solution to this problem in the future.
Or Amazon's DNS since the list is there anyway.