That really depends on locations I would think .. I’m not familiar with US
based regulations on this but in other countries you sometimes have to put
lighting and/or paint on under 200ft

Just suggesting that each location a tower goes should be verified as it’s
awful damn expensive go back later and paint a tower ;)

What’s really funny I recall at previous job is we had a paint a tower (190’)
before it could be put up … nothing around that tower for probably 50 miles ..
and we had to put strobe on top too

We put up another 190’ tower that’s on a circular approach path to a municipal
airport and nothing was required!!  The airport is about 5-6 miles away...