How is a DAC harder to manage?

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Josh Reynolds" <j...@kyneticwifi.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2016 9:26:35 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ubiquiti makes the big time...

Well, I used to like DACs. Not so much anymore.
Some of it has to do with cable organization, and inventory is the other angle.
Having transceivers and patches around is utilitarian. Having DACs around is
slightly cheaper, but those DACs are much harder to deal with from a cable
management perspective.
I don't hate DACs, I just dislike the tradeoffs.