A loan at sub market rates is a subsidy. The government could have
collected more interest in a bond and therefore, lost money. I am not
saying there was absolutely zero positive outcome, just that there is
always a substantial  negative impact as well. No innovation due to a lack
of demand being one huge one.
I know you benevolent from these programs so I have no interest in debating
the point. I find a difference between the highway system which benefits
all and RUS that only benefits one side, the consumer.