Rory Conaway wrote:
> Long term, the result of the government proving any kind of service and
> destroying the free-enterprise or a
> competitive market
  Hold up! Before we take the above as a given, we'll have to establish a few
facts.

  - will government proving *any* kind of service destroy a market? Will
providing Right-of-way do so? Will providing poles or ducts do so? How about
dark fiber?
  - is the telecom market a free-enterprise or a competitive market?

 My 8-ball says no.

 So, if you want to prophesize doom and gloom, you'll have to be a bit more
specific which government service provisioning will bring forth the apocalypse.

Jared