Heres what we set up for one of our customers who has a shit ton of QB
seats and remote access from some really crummy internet connections

The database for QB and the compliment software that uses the QB database
sits on w2k8 server (it can sit on a w7 pro machine in a pinch with zero
issue) multiple instances of w7 pro.
There were always issues with windows RDP so we got them Blaze RDP
http://www.ericom.com/ericom-blaze/ (cheap and perpetual license)
Everything sits inside Vmvare, full image backups with file level restore
using VEEAM Backup. the server instance has 8 cores assigned with 16 gb RAM
and the w7 instances have 2x2 cores assigned with 8gb ram. This is a
testimonial setup becuse they had so many instances of lost time due to the
shitbox internet connections. The print driver virtualization with blaze is
phenominal and it naitively suppors multiple monitors, where RDP alone is a
cobblefuckery of spanned display hi-jinx that QB does not play well with