thats a prime example of what i said, the fax machine. aside from the non
adopters, you dont see them, but faxes are still really common, but theyre
via ip now, innovation and consumer demand drove a change, its less
expensive to fax now than ever before if you adopt the innovation.
mechanisms were designed to facilitate communication between the old and
new technologies. if you have a fax machine and recieve a fax, you dont
know if it came from a fax or from ring central, and vice versa. the
endpoints have become unimportant because middle mile solved it