Why are apes and gorillas still here?  Time to watch Planet of the Apes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2016 8:25 AM
To: af <af@afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: 2001 space odyssey

My 5 year old just the other day asked why we have eyebrows and my wife told
him about how we evolved from apes.  Then he asked - "Isn't there gorillas and
apes right now?"  We had to say yes but couldn't explain it to him why they are
still here :)  Seeing a 5 year old asking those questions puts a smile on my
face for the next generation.

As for those of you who don't understand it.  There are some really good
breakdowns of what it means on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz6xD3xQiT8