Are you sure it's the cold and not water from the ICE getting into that
cable or you cable is longer then 300ft?

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016, 12:52 PM George Skorup <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yes, the FPGA memory controller problem. We had tons of issues with that.
> But it didn't seem to do anything with the ethernet. Mostly sync and
> registration issues. But if the memory contents are unstable, I guess
> anything can happen. I remember telling Aaron we had the most problems
> right after the sun went down and then sometimes just after the sun came
> up. It has to be temperature related! Sure nuf.
>
> 13.2.1 and earlier has the broken FPGA image. OK, not broken, but not able
> to handle the insanity. Use 14.1.2 or 14.2.1/15.0.1.
>
>
> On 12/19/2016 10:39 AM, Mark Radabaugh wrote:
>
> There was a issue with 450’s rebooting in cold weather that was addressed
> in recent software versions.   If  you are not running current software I
> would start looking at the release notes to figure out where you need to
> be.
>
> The issue I believe was traced to a hard to locate instability in the
> internal logic power supply when the CPU load changed that manifested only
> under low temperatures.   Cambium was able to reproduce it reliably in
> extreme cold testing (like -40C) but it was still a very difficult item to
> track down.
>
>
> Mark Radabaugh
> Amplex
> 22690 Pemberville Rd
> Luckey, OH 43443
> 419-837-5015 x1021
> 419-261-5996 (cell)
> [email protected]
>
> On Dec 19, 2016, at 11:19 AM, Ken Hohhof <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Have you checked the AP log to make sure it isn’t doing watchdog resets or
> something?  There have been a couple temperature related problems on 450.
> One was the ADI Communication Failure problem, AFAIK that was only SMs.
> Also there’s the memory controller issue, I think that’s at high
> temperatures though, just the same I would make sure you are at 14.1.2 or
> higher FW version.
>
> Some people have reported water intrusion on 450 APs.  I guess if it has
> water in the bottom which froze, that could do bad things.  You say that
> you swapped cables though, so apparently the RJ45 isn’t frozen into a block
> of ice.
>
> You really should have a spare AP on hand.  If nothing else, you  could
> buy a Lite AP, and buy an upgrade key if you actually use it and need >10
> subs.  I hate buying APs used, you don’t know its history, and you  can’t
> RMA it.  It’s like a refurb laptop, you don’t know why the first buyer
> returned it to the store, did they just not like it, or did it have an
> intermittent defect?
>
>
>
> *From:* Af [mailto:[email protected] <[email protected]>] *On
> Behalf Of *Kurt Fankhauser
> *Sent:* Monday, December 19, 2016 10:04 AM
>
>
> *To:* [email protected]
> *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] 450 AP dropping Ethernet in cold weather
>
> new AP is on order, if I recall I think that this unit showing problems
> was purchased on EBAY so I am wondering if there was a reason this unit was
> on Ebay in the first place.
>
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 10:59 AM, That One Guy /sarcasm <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
> wrap the whole radio and antenna in aluminum foil to keep the heat in.
>
> seriously though, do you give subscribers any access to the units? If so,
> I wonder if having them run a bunch of link speedtests could generate
> enough processing to warm the unit
>
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Kurt Fankhauser <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> Seems that the colder it is the more frequent the flapping is. I doubt its
> the RJ45 ends since I tried a different cable run on the tower and still
> showing the same issue.
>
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 10:42 AM, George Skorup <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I would try new RJ45s on both ends. If that's not it, then swap it and RMA
> if it's still under warranty.
>
>
> On 12/19/2016 9:35 AM, Kurt Fankhauser wrote:
>
> I have a 3.65ghz 450 AP that was running flawless for over 6 months until
> we got our first really cold spell last week, temps dropped to near 0
> degrees a couple nights back to back and when I woke up one morning the AP
> was dropping offline. Logged into the Mikrotik 2011 and it showed Ethernet
> was flapping. (was originally going through a Sync Injector). I had an old
> FSK AP going through the same sync injector and wasn't showing any
> problems. I tried switching the ports on the sync injector, changed ports
> on RB2011, eliminated sync injector and used a standard Canopy SM power
> supply. Finally I even switched the known good Ethernet cable from the FSK
> AP to the 450 and the port is still flapping. Won't lock to 10-baseT
> either. I am thinking at this point that I am going to have to replace the
> AP.
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your team
> as part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team.
>
>

Reply via email to