https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkaWqneQ0Tg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mi_AAGqg5Q
From: Bill Prince Sent: Monday, January 2, 2017 12:11 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT - Mariah Carey lip sync fail I was always partial to Hopalong Cassidy. bp <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com> On 1/2/2017 11:07 AM, [email protected] wrote: I miss Darlene Love and throwing a football at a meat ball and of course the Lone Ranger. From: Ken Hohhof Sent: Monday, January 2, 2017 12:02 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT - Mariah Carey lip sync fail OK, I did a quick search for Mariah Carey live and here’s something recent. So yes, she apparently can sing, although I would rank the performance as a “meh”. Seems like her fans applaud her for hitting the high notes. And dressing outrageously. Kind of like Steven Tyler? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UOJ2k11YVE As far as Mariah’s most popular Christmas song “All I Want For Christmas Is You”, the radio stations always used to play a totally different song by the same name sung by Lisa Layne for Vince Vance and the Valiants. I never hear that any more, which is a shame. I always looked forward to hearing that song (and the barking dogs version of Jingle Bells). From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Bill Prince Sent: Monday, January 2, 2017 10:18 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT - Mariah Carey lip sync fail I know Mariah Carey can sing. There's no doubt about that. In the Milli Vanilli case, those guys could not sing at all, and they HAD to lip sink. In the case of the Times Square New Years Eve, there were an estimated 750,000-1,000,000 people there; maybe 10X the number of people at a typical Super Bowl. Incredible chaos. You'd think you would have to have all your ducks lined up plus backups for critical items. bp<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com> On 1/2/2017 8:09 AM, Chuck McCown wrote: I read something that indicated the wrong version of the song was queued up and her earpiece was not working. If you cannot hear the music, you can’t sing even if you wanted to. I am optimistic that the correct recorded audio did not include the vocal, but even if it did, huge productions that really cannot have a screwup, like the super bowl, should be recorded in my opinion. Physically fit – dancing singers - like J-Lo sure look like they are singing. I think many of them have too much self respect and pride of craftsmanship to lip sync. But large spectacles like New Year’s Eve or the Superbowl should be engineered to not fail and that would mean lip syncing if I was in charge. From: Jaime Solorza Sent: Monday, January 02, 2017 8:18 AM To: Animal Farm Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT - Mariah Carey lip sync fail Snafu ruined 10CC... Booed off stage... I prefer live performance even with few bad notes and stuff.... Watch Steeley Dan recording videos and you appreciate the work that goes into recording... Early on Chicago, BST and Todd Rundgren did live studio recordings... Mistakes and all... Carey has a voice... Shouldn't lip sync On Jan 2, 2017 8:13 AM, "Faisal Imtiaz" <[email protected]> wrote: It's the entertainment business... It is Show Bizness... It is all about illusions.... Why should one be surprised ? especially after Milli Vanilli one can also look at it this way... Remember DJT's comment about shooting someone at Time's Square ? Mariah butchered It at Time Square infront of everyone.......... LOL ! Faisal Imtiaz Snappy Internet & Telecom 7266 SW 48 Street Miami, FL 33155 Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232 Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: [email protected] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Ken Hohhof" <[email protected]> To: [email protected] Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2017 11:43:36 PM Subject: [AFMUG] OT - Mariah Carey lip sync fail The criticism is probably unfair, since it was a technical snafu, plus lip syncing is common at this kind of event. But I question whether Mariah Carey or most pop singing “icons” can really sing live. Some put on a huge show with dancing and stuff and I cut them some slack, some like P!nk and Katy Perry I suspect can actually sing without autotune, others like Britney Spears probably not. Rihanna is immensely popular, I like her voice but cannot listen to her songs because they are so heavily autotuned. Why do these stars get paid the big bucks, and how are they different from Milli Vanilli? Here’s a singer who has no trouble singing live, not famous or making the big bucks though. Doing OK but not an “icon”. Life isn’t fair I guess. Maybe being a starving artist keeps you honest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6or36evZ21A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-PZgl256-s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP-to6u8TXE (1 of 5) Youtube is a treasure for live music videos.
