If you don’t find any great surplus deals, I have been happy with Concorde Sun
Xtender 104 or 108 Ah AGM batteries.  Any Concorde/Lifeline dealer should be
able to get them in a couple days, I have one within driving distance so I go
get them and avoid shipping costs.  Normal price is around $300, less if you
buy a bunch.

If you are buying a whole bunch of them, an alternative is 8D marine batteries
(e.g. Lifeline).  Heavy, but thank goodness for rope handles.

If you are putting them on shelves, front-terminal telecom batteries can make
life easier.

I don’t know how to correctly estimate AGM battery life.  I have various
Lifeline, Sun Xtender and Northstar batteries (all made in USA) in service for
5+ years and no signs of wearing out.  Normally with the standard batteries
that go inside a UPS, I change them after 2-3 years because I know they will
short out or swell up and fail.  I am hesitant to do that at sites with $2000
worth of batteries, probably just do a load test a couple times a year.  There
seems to be a big difference in quality between the cheapest batteries and the
ones they sell to carriers for remote terminals.