I've thought similar, but never tried it.

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Nate Burke" <n...@blastcomm.com>
To: "Animal Farm" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 11:16:32 AM
Subject: [AFMUG] Site Survey Drones

I haven't been following the drone stuff very closely, and I've never
used one. Is a Drone with a good camera feasible for site surveys? I
want to determine if I was 20' or 30' above this roof, do I have a line
to a tower. I have a few commercial sites where I think that 20' or 30'
over a roof will clear the trees, but I'd like to know for sure before
building the tower mount on the roof. Can a drone hold a camera steady
enough to get good pictures of a tower 5 or 6 miles away while hovering
30' above a roof? Or is this in clear violation of all kinds of FAA Rules.

If it is feasible, what is a good drone/camera setup? I realize that
this could be a $1000 investment.