Two drones, one with a strobe over at the tower.

-----Original Message----- From: Nate Burke Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 10:16 AM To: Animal Farm Subject: [AFMUG] Site Survey Drones I haven't been following the drone stuff very closely, and I've never used one. Is a Drone with a good camera feasible for site surveys? I want to determine if I was 20' or 30' above this roof, do I have a line to a tower. I have a few commercial sites where I think that 20' or 30' over a roof will clear the trees, but I'd like to know for sure before building the tower mount on the roof. Can a drone hold a camera steady enough to get good pictures of a tower 5 or 6 miles away while hovering 30' above a roof? Or is this in clear violation of all kinds of FAA Rules.

If it is feasible, what is a good drone/camera setup? I realize that this could be a $1000 investment.