From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Nate Burke
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 3:13 PM
To: Animal Farm <af@afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] EPMP1000 Heater POE Polarity

I've been running some tests with Cold startup of EPMP1000 w/ sync Radios.
Does the Internal heater only function with 4/5-  7/8+?  A cold radio (18F)
radio will power on but seems stuck in a reboot loop with 4/5+  7/8-  The same
radio powered on and booted within 2 minutes or so with 4/5- 7/8+

Power draw with 4/5+ 7/8- was around 4w, and would randomly spike to around 15w
The power light would stay on, but sync and ethernet lights would go on and
off, like it was continually rebooting.

Power draw with 4/5- 7/8+ was a solid 15w for about 2 minutes with only the
power light on, then 4w once booted.

I just presumed that since it would power on with both polarities, the heater
would work with both polarities as well.  It's looking like that might not be
the case.