Here's a youtube video of Gavins Point releasing 160,000 cubic feet per second. They later had it running at nearly 200,000 cubic feet per second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N-22IVjn0M

On 2/13/2017 1:30 PM, Sam Morris wrote:
On 2/13/2017 10:30 AM, Bill Prince wrote:
I heard a reporter saying that the water going over that spillway was
doing 100,000 cubic feet per second. I have a really hard time
visualizing that amount of water. Could also have been a mis-quote by
the reporter...

In 2011 when the Army Corps of Engineers mismanaged the six main stem
dams on the Missouri River, causing them all to exceed their capacity
when the upper-Mo River basin got above-average precipitation in May of
that year, they were releasing over 180,000 cubic feet of water per
second at the Gavins Point dam in South Dakota. There were a lot of
pissed-off people over that. Many people lost their homes. I had to
drive damn near 100 miles out of my way for three months to get to and
from work... but at least I didn't lose my home.

Sam

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>