I put the clamp style on my larger surge protectors.  It is on a 1/4-20 brass
lug.

From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2017 1:08 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ground Lugs

1/4-20 and 5/8 spacing works for me, I don’t think you can satisfy everyone.  I
would even be OK with a single ground screw, but some people will make a
reasonable case that a 2-hole lug is better, and you can still use a single
hole lug if that’s all you have.

The ground bars in shelters and at towers are typically going to have dual 3/8
screws and wires will be #2 or heavier, but that is overkill for what you are
doing.