Oh, they were plenty baked.

From: Lewis Bergman
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 8:30 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT - Chia Trump?

Damnit. Valve cover
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017, 9:29 AM Lewis Bergman <lewis.berg...@gmail.com> wrote:

  If you have ever taken the baked cover off an old engine you know why that
worked.

  On Tue, Feb 28, 2017, 9:15 AM Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

    When I was a teen twisting wrenches for my girlfriends dad all day, we had
an old engine fix it method that did surprising things.  We would drain the oil
in an old car, replace it with half oil and half diesel.  Then we would take
the car on “the loop” a road that circumnavigated the town.  Probably 4 miles.
First gear the whole way full throttle.  We called it “blowing out the carbon”.
 It really did make the car run better.

    And then there is the concept of aerating the lawn.  Explosive plowing.
    Churning up the sewer lagoon.  Airing out the house.  Angioplasty.
Changing the sheets.

    Change can be good.  Disruptive change can even be better.  Certainly fun
to watch at times, but I sure get tired of the same old meal every time I turn
on the news.