I knew you were gonna ask that. All of our AF24s dropped out in the rain tonight. Links just under a mile to 2.7 miles. Of course we had 5 and 8 mile 11GHz links drop out too, so yeah, it was pouring pretty good.

On 2/28/2017 7:54 PM, Mike Hammett wrote:
How far?

Intelligent Computing Solutions <http://www.ics-il.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL><https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb><https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions><https://twitter.com/ICSIL>
Midwest Internet Exchange <http://www.midwest-ix.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/mdwestix><https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-internet-exchange><https://twitter.com/mdwestix>
The Brothers WISP <http://www.thebrotherswisp.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/thebrotherswisp>

<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXSdfxQv7SpoRQYNyLwntZg>
*From: *"George Skorup" <george.sko...@cbcast.com>
*To: *af@afmug.com
*Sent: *Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:17:06 PM
*Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] tornadoes

OMG 24GHz sucks

On 2/28/2017 6:03 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

    My area goes almost as far south as Ottawa.  I have a handful of
    customers in Sheridan/Serena/Ottawa area down on monitoring, but
    no way to tell how many just lost power.  No calls yet.  Many
    times they all come back over the next 24 hours as their power is
    restored.  On the other hand, they may call days later and bitch
    “is the tower still down?”

    There are also the people who run around unplugging everything
    when a storm approaches.

    I saw a photo posted of some large hail from Ottawa, so we might
    also have some CPE that got bonked.  Tornados, lightning, hail,
    all bad things.