It seems like the book starts with the endpoints at the CO....which makes sense because that's where you'll start troubleshooting from.

Would there be a separate book for whatever cable is carrying strand 3 from Cherry and Apple to VPres ?

------ Original Message ------
From: "Chuck McCown" <ch...@wbmfg.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: 4/7/2017 11:16:39 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Cable documentation

See if you can open this:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-W9J8tPanuAeU1Lc3BDYWlVSjg

Very rudimentary. But you can see that some of the strands on the cable go clear to the end.
Other strands are cut at a hand hole and spliced to another cable.

The other cable is shown at the far right. The >< symbols show it is spliced to a different cable. You connect the > to the < as you jump over handholes that are not part of the circuit for that strand.

The – is a splice. The 0 or dot is the end termination. I used to have lots of color coding etc. I could not find any of the old copper cable books for an example so I hacked this example out.