As far as numbering went, they would do a 2.5N type of thing.

From: Forrest Christian (List Account)
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2017 9:23 PM
To: af
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Cable documentation

One has to ask...

How did they deal with those situations in which a cable cut or other similar
event necessitated the addition of another ped in the middle?

On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 9:18 AM, Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

  Everybody has their own numbering system.  One company I worked for had
things like 3E4SW2N  so that would be starting from the C.O.  3peds East, 4
southwest, 2 north.  One just ran sequential numbers.  Different engineering
companies have their own numbering standards if the customer does not specify.