I think there was a thread last year about this, some cobbling of a list of
MS IP addresses or something, probably would fail in that the IP space is
probably shared with xbox live stuff

This particular release they put out Tuesday i believe it something like
4-5 gb and theyre staging it out over two months or so, its just going to
suck

It will allow people to delay the installations much easier, but not delay
the dl

>From the ISP side, we would never tell anybody not to do updates or to
delay updates, and never walk a farmer through gpedit ... bad things

you could always throw up an AD domain controller and join all your
customers to it and run a WSUS server..... nothing could go wrong with
 that :-)