Paul,

The IP addresses used by Microsoft for windows updates are a moving target
but there are relatively easy ways to get this situation under control .
Give this a try:

.         Use a packet trace tool to Identify the host names used for
windows update.

.         Current Mikrotik Router OS supports address Lists using Dynamic
Names.  (Cool feature that allows you to use host name and OS updates
address list with current IPs)

.         Create simple Queue(s) to control traffic.

.         Use time of day on Queue if you prefer.

Game over, you're the winner ...

Steve