I've done the chute method and the pull blade.  After many times of issues
with the pull blade, we stuck with the chute.  A pull blade in my opinion
is only good for short straight shots.  All the cable contractors around
here are required to do chute.

We use chutes on all of our plows, from the smallest hand plow to the
largest RT115 we have.  From 18" to 4'+ in the ground.

Regards,
Chuck