I was just reading about this earlier. There does appear to be a problem
with some 'hardware' as cambium puts it, replacing the hardware with a
different radio usually fixes it. However, downgrade the firmware to 3.2.2
and it also fixes it.

Seems like more 'cold weather' BS to me. Different variations of hardware
having software troubles. I'll stay on 3.2.2 for now. Check the 5.3 release
thread on the cambium forums, that is where I got it from.