From: Steve Jones
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 9:04 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] private community fiber network

A few questions, this being a family estate property that was subdivided into
different lots. There are 8 current homes, haven't looked at a platt map yet to
see how the lots are legally divided, so there is that. This is about
interconnecting and somewhere in the mix bringing in interwebs. To run past all
the current lots is roughly 8050 feet. There would be 4 "fingers" the longest
being 3300 feet, passing 3 houses with the longest distance between those 3
being 1400 feet, 300 feet of this would be underwater.
This is not a ROW, issue, they don't want it in ROW, I assume they need some
sort of legal easement on record for the duct. I know zero about this.
Here are some questions:
1. the underwater part. is that normally duct or just underwater fiber.
1a. this pond is stocked by DNR, does that require some crummy permit to drop
fiber into even though its privately owned, I don't know what the trade off is
for DNR stocking.
2. When passing a lot, do you normally put a handhole in each lot?
3. if a utility ROW is crossed, does that need a permit?
4. Whats the specific terminology, I think its easement, that makes the duct
accessible, like ROW, legally even if the property changes hands
5. How does one get this buried cable/duct into a location service database
5.a when a locate is called in who pays? (USIC is the locating agency around
here)
6.how much longer will this list of questions get before it gets too hard

In this instance, it will all be cut trench, that's free, for them. This is all
unincorporated land in a county. however there has been a history of forced
incorporation attempts. should that happen, what happens with this duct?

assuming there is some chatter on this, anticipate more detailed questions on
tech specs