Electrical opinions wanted.

On a new tower, the main panel is 200ft. away and a harder run to get to (but
doable).

There is a subpanel in a barn 150ft. away.  Often we go to the easiest place,
but am taking a step back at all this kind of stuff (you can tell by my other
threads).  Regardless, we are going to put our own panel at out equipment box
at the base of the tower, drive our own electrical ground, install panel
protector , bond to the tower, etc.

Is there a reason we would want to be on the main panel (more direct) vs a
subpanel (one hop in the middle but closer) ??

Paul

Paul McCall, President
PDMNet, Inc. / Florida Broadband, Inc.
658 Old Dixie Highway