I imagine a motor-generator set with lots of inertia would be good at this.

From: Jaime Solorza
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2017 4:45 PM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Is there such a thing as a AC Capacitor?

We were working at a storm well site today with engineer, electricians and us.
The motors that run pumps and Gates are high voltage systems with a train car
size diesel Cummins generator that also supplies 120 vac to instrumentation and
SCADA systems..(converted to 24vdc)...they have a refrigerator size APC UPS for
panel and radio...when generator kicks in...UPS continues to supply power for a
bit then alarms with fault wire message.  The electricians tested lines, added
and bonded more grounds but nothing changes with either auto or manual switch.
Our panel does detect issue and cuts off UPS feed, and sends message to water
company operators over radio feed.   After several tests and measurements,
engineer suspects the Cummins generator is not grounded properly.  We are going
back Tuesday with Cummins tech.  Never saw so many Fluke high end meters and
testers in one place.

Jaime Solorza