Hard to guess. Try taking some long nose pliers and break that tiny surface mount chip capacitor off the board and see if that changes the nature of the problem.

-----Original Message----- From: George Skorup
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2017 11:40 AM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] new GigE-APC issues

I think I've seen this mentioned a few times now. Maybe Steve and a
couple others?

The latest revision (D?) is causing CRC/FCS errors and random link
drops. Taking the SS out makes all problems go away.

Definitely more issues at gigabit. I have multiple sites with some UBNT
and ePMP stuff (no sync over power). Some I've turned off gigabit
negotiation and get only a few FCS errors here and there. Running
gigabit sees lots more errors and adds a 2-3 second link loss randomly
which is a big issue on a PTP link.

Got a couple sites with 450i APs. One that I was working with the other
day is a new radio (because the old one blew up). New cable, new
GigE-APC, new PacketFlux PowerInjector. The link tries to negotiate
gigabit, but falls back to 100 after a few tries. Turned off sync over
power just to see and still no gigabit. Remove the SS and it works fine.

Floating the shield makes no difference. Running the site on battery
also makes no difference. Some FM sites, some water towers, some
elevators, some regular towers with only our stuff on it.

The stuff I was working with yesterday is a new UBNT Prism PTP radio,
new GigE-APC, new CCR1009. This site also has an Exalt G2-11 fed by an
older GigE-POE-APC and I get no errors on that. It used to be plugged
into a MikroTik CRS210 and I didn't see any errors on that either.

I had far fewer issues with the older cards. Unfortunately I don't think
I have any good ones left to do a comparison. I do have a couple that
got some water in the jack, maybe I can clean those up for testing. I've
used maybe 10 of the new ones now and they all seem to be causing
issues. And before you ask, yes, I've tried dumb gigabit switches at a
few sites temporarily and still see the random link loss with the SS in
line.