From: "Faisal Imtiaz" <fai...@snappytelecom.net>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Sunday, August 6, 2017 10:25:41 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Matt Hoppes and Missouri IX

Sure, if you were actually paying for the room to stay in, then you should
expect the room to look like the picture..

However we sell "fluff" (nothing physical) and "electrons moving over cables
creating emotions".. you are not likely to get to touch, feel, smell or even
step into the Colo Room as a subscriber to the IX.... there is no claim being
made by Midwest IX that this Colo Room is theirs ...

Folks have stock pictures of People on their web site... Should we now argue
that it should be pictures of their actual Employees ?
We have stock pictures of Equipment in a Colo, Racks / cabinets etc etc ..
Should they be of the ones that we Own or Rent ?
We have stock pictures of Towers and radios etc etc .. Should they be ours all
the time ?

Common.. this is 'meaningless conversation'...

Bit of advice to Eric.... before issuing a condescending remark or a demand
notice to others on a public list, especially when there is no direct personal
vested interest, it would be best to ask the question rather than issuing a
demand notice....

This conversation would have gone totally different if it was asked... " Hey
you all @ Midwest IXP, why are you using the Picture of Westin Bldg Meet Me
room" on your website ?

:)

Regards.