The ePMP GPS is just like the old 450AP's on-board GPS. You don't necessarily need the external antenna. The GTop receivers have a built-in antenna. Obviously the problem is they're facing at the horizon and tower steel, etc. I have several 1k GPS for PTP links. I didn't need the GPS, just the gigabit ethernet. They do not have the pucks attached. They're on Rocket dishes facing into a mast and tower steel. Most of them are tracking 14+ out of 20+ sats. I've said several times before, the newer GTop GPS+GLONASS receivers just work better.

If the radio is seeing no data, then the receiver is probably locked up and you'll have to power cycle it. If you're seeing 0 tracked and maybe 0 or a few available sats, then the receiver is confused, or it's seeing lots of multipath or possibly noise. You can try a power-cycle first, and if that doesn't do anything, then try moving the puck. If it's in the top of the Cambium OEM antenna, then I guess you're kinda screwed for moving it.

Easiest solution: SyncInjector/PowerInjector+Sync and a 'Pipe or 'Box.